What is tapestry crochet?
Tapestry crochet is a way of crocheting with two or more different coloured yarns at the same time, carrying the unused yarn(s) along as you go, and switching to a different colour whenever specified by the pattern. It can be used to produce some really beautiful and original designs.
Read on to find out all you need to know to use this wonderful technique as well as plenty of pattern inspiration to get you started.
Tapestry Crochet Guides, Tutorials and More
Click on a link below to find out all you need to know about tapestry crochet:
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Tapestry Crochet – The best starting point if you’re new to this technique.
- How to Keep Yarn from Tangling in Tapestry Crochet – This simple trick will keep your yarns in order.
- How to do Tapestry Crochet with Multiple Colours – Using three or more yarns? Not a problem if you read this guide.
- How to Hide Yarn in Tapestry Crochet – Keep your project looking sharp.
- What’s the Best Yarn for Tapestry Crochet? – How to choose the best type of yarn for your project.
- My Top Ten Yarns for Tapestry Crochet – Ten fabulous yarns to use in your projects.
- Which Hook Size is Best for Tapestry Crochet? – Find out how to select the best hook size for your project.
- What’s the Best Stitch for Tapestry Crochet? – Making your own design? Read this to find out how to select the best stitch.
- How to Crochet a Tapestry Crochet Square – All you need to know to make some stunning squares!
- How to Read a Tapestry Crochet Chart – Working from a chart is easy with this guide.
- How to Change Rounds in Tapestry Crochet – For any project worked in rounds, this explains how to end one round and bring your yarns up ready to start the next.
- How do you Change Rows in Tapestry Crochet? – How to end one row and bring all your yarns neatly up to the next one.
- Is Tapestry Crochet the Same on Both Sides? – Find out the answer to this burning question.
- What’s the Difference between Tapestry and Mosaic Crochet? – These terms are often used interchangeably but they’re actually not the same thing at all.
- 10 Reasons Why I Love Tapestry Crochet (and why you should too!)
You can check out all of my crochet patterns here. However, if you’d like some more specific guidance to help you choose a pattern, have a read of one of these articles:
- What’s the Best Tapestry Crochet Blanket Pattern for a Beginner?
- 8 Fantastic Geometric Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Ten New Tapestry Crochet Patterns of 2022
- Three Fun Tapestry Crochet Hexagon Blankets
- Eight Beautiful Tapestry Crochet Tile Blankets
- Tapestry Crochet Star Patterns
- Tapestry Crochet Baby Blankets
- Four FREE Tapestry Crochet Patterns
As well as the articles linked above, I also have a large number of video tutorials. Click here to have a watch.